[libvirt-users] Updating domain XML issue

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri May 30 08:27:27 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 11:52:49AM -0400, Brian Rak wrote:
> Okay, let's try this another way... how are people dynamically
> attaching/removing cdroms from guests, without requiring a guest restart?

You can't dynamically attach / detach IDE devices at all. If you're
using an IDE cdrom, the most you can do is change the media inserted
in the tray - you can't hotplug the entire device.

I've heard rumours it might be possible to use SCSI CDROM which
might support hotplug, but I've never tried that, so can't say
whether it'll work with libvirt.

Regards,
Daniel