[libvirt-users] Invoking virsh console from Java

Nagaraj Mandya nmandya at gmail.com
Thu May 15 17:34:09 UTC 2014

Hello,
  I have a Java application from which I am invoking the "virsh console"
command to access the console of a VM. I invoke the virsh command using
ProcessBuilder.start(). However, I am unable to communicate with the stdin
of the VMs console through the OutputStream of the Process object.

  When I invoke "virsh console" from within Java, I see the following
messages on stderr:

info : libvirt version: 0.9.8
error : vshRunConsole:318 : unable to get tty attributes: Inappropriate
ioctl for device

  Does anybody know how I can workaround this? Thanks.
--
Regards,
Nagaraj