[libvirt-users] problem with bond/team network interfaces

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Fri May 23 10:10:02 UTC 2014

On 23/05/14 01:17, Nerijus Baliunas wrote:
> I have VM attached to bridge br0. VM can see the network (ping works) when
> the bridge has ethernet interfaces. But when I create bond or team device
> and attach it to a bridge instead of eth interface, VM does not ping
> anymore. Any ideas why?

I think we have the same problem, what kind of bond device is this?
(mode 4?). Are you using Linux bonding and linux bridge-utils?

What is your kernel? With our systems everything works fine with a 2.6
kernel (maybe from debian oldstable oif you use debian), but breaks with
3.x. (I been mailing on linux bonding, linux bridge and other
mailinglist about this, but so far no fixes)

We been trying to move to a 3.x kernel with open-vswitch but
open-vswitch is still hard to integrate with debian. (we been at it for
a while now. We got a working test setup with with 3.x lacp bonding,
vlans and bridges.

Just my 2 cents.

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong