[libvirt-users] setvcpus libvirt 1.2.9

Thomas Stein himbeere at meine-oma.de
Wed Nov 5 10:35:37 UTC 2014

Hello.

I'm struggeling a little bit with the setvcpus command. I'm trying now
to get this running for a linux VM. Here is what i have:

 <vcpu placement='auto' current='2'>4</vcpu>

Now the VM is starting with 2 CPUs. When i try to increase the number of
CPUs i get:

setvcpus dev --guest 4
error: invalid argument: requested vcpu count is greater than the count
of enabled vcpus in the domain: 4 > 2

Strange thing is when i set in the xml file:

 <vcpu placement='auto' current='4'>4</vcpu>

the VM starts with 4CPUs and setting the CPUs works.

I can do:

setvcpus dev --guest 2

and:

setvcpus dev --guest 4

Is this a bug? Should i try to upgrade to 1.2.10? There seem to be a lot
of changes in it regarding setvcpus.

thanks and cheers
t.