[libvirt-users] Problem with the use of domfsfreeze mountpoint option

Payes Anand payes.anand at cloudbyte.com
Tue Nov 11 20:58:34 UTC 2014

Hi everybody,

I am having a problem with the use of domfsfreeze command.

It is freezing all the filesystems present on the domain,

instead of freezing just the mountpoints provided.

I am issuing the command--

# virsh domfsfreeze <domain> --mountpoint <mountpoint>

Output was-- Froze 3 filesystem(s)

I want to freeze a particular mount point on the VM, so that i can
take a snapshot using my own snapshot feature.

Using library: libvirt 1.2.5
Using API: QEMU 1.2.5
Running hypervisor: QEMU 2.0.0

--Upgraded libvirt to 1.2.10, but that also didn't solve the problem.

Am i missing something over here?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Payes