[libvirt-users] Problem with the use of domfsfreeze mountpoint option

Payes Anand payes.anand at cloudbyte.com
Fri Nov 14 06:09:48 UTC 2014

Thanks a lot for your replies. They were very useful in debugging the
issues that i was facing.

I am using qemu 1.5 in both the host and the guest.
While using libvirt 1.2.5, all the file systems on the domain were
freezing.
I have finally got an error message.
After upgrading libvirt to 1.2.10, the command,
# virsh domfsfreeze <domain> --mountpoint <mountpoint>,
is giving the following error,
error: internal error: unable to execute QEMU agent command
'guest-fsfreeze-freeze-list': The command guest-fsfreeze-freeze-list has
not been found
After upgrading to libvirt 1.2.10, i had not restarted libvertd services,
due to which i was not getting the above error.

What version of qemu-guest-agent is running in the guest?
> qemu-guest-agent doesn't support per-mountpoint freezing until the
> introduction of guest-fsfreeze-freeze-list in qemu 2.2 (still unreleased).
>
> They have released qemu-2.2.0-rc1, I have  installed it in both the host
and the guest, but still guest-fsfreeze-freeze-list is not found .