[libvirt-users] Suspend Domain (virsh suspend) or Freeze Filesystems (virsh domfsfreze) to take Snapshot of ISCSI volume

Payes Anand payes.anand at cloudbyte.com
Sun Nov 16 15:17:18 UTC 2014

Hi everybody,

I am trying to take snapshot of a particular iscsi disk mounted inside
the guest operating system. I have created my own snapshot feature for
that.

Could someone please suggest the better choice for stopping read/write
operations on disk out of the two to take snapshots, or if you have
any better solution,

1) freeze filesystems ( using domfsfreeze ) and then take the snapshot or,

2) suspend the VM ( using virsh suspend ) and then take the snapshot

And, before taking the snapshots what other operations should i
perform ( like sync or flush buffer ) for a consistent snapshot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Payes