[libvirt-users] Libvirt Live Migration

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Mon Nov 24 09:22:27 UTC 2014

[dropping libvir-list]

On 20.11.2014 13:11, Dhia Abbassi wrote:
> I'm trying to implement a virtualization API. I was testing migration
> with libvirt I got some problems.
>
> When I use the following command :
>
> *virsh migrate --live --persistent --copy-storage-all vm-clone1
> qemu+ssh://server_ip/system*
> *
> *
> the migration works fine but in the destination host the migrated vm is
> paused and I can't unpause it and I need to reboot the vm to be able use
> it in the new host. When I try to unoause it Igot the following error
> message:
> << *Error unpausing domain: internal error: unable to execute QEMU
> command 'cont': Resetting the Virtual Machine is required *>>
>
> How can I solve this problem, or is there an other way to make a live
> migration with libvirt??

Several things may be happening here, so I'll point just a few (unordered).

1) is there some storage shared between the two hosts? If so, is it
accessible from the destination?

2) When doing storage migration, you still need to pre-create the files
on destination yourself. Do they have the correct size?

3) The error message seems like a qemu bug to me. Have you tried it with
recent qemu?

Michal