[libvirt-users] VGA as vfio-pci and vnc server's blank/black display

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 8 14:15:14 UTC 2014

hi,

I'm having a Radeon as vfio-pci, which seems to work
perfectly fine, but...
Qemu's model type='vga' gets "exlaimed" in win2k8's Device
Manager with:
"
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported
problems. (Code 43)
"

Now, that does not bother me that much as all I need on
regular basis is RDP but VNC connection gets me nowhere.
I get blank/black screen, it connects without
errors/problems but nothing more.

I know you would say VGA passthrough is only supported for
very few VGA adapters but is the situation I describe
normal/expected?

regards