[libvirt-users] Virtual gaming/workstation desktops using KVM VGA passthrough?

Alex G.S. alxgrtnstrngl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 21:19:43 UTC 2014

Dear List,

Recently I read an article [1] about how to use KVM and VGA passthrough to
create multiple GPU accelerated VM's for use in gaming or as virtual
workstations:

[1]
http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Multiheaded-NVIDIA-Gaming-using-Ubuntu-14-04-KVM-585/

I'm planning on building a KVM workstation to do this using CentOS 7 or
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS as the base virtualization host and then an Intel Xeon CPU
and two Nvidia GeForce GTX 750's as GPU's for the virtual machines.

I'm really new to this sort of GPU passthrough on KVM and am wondering if
anyone has any advice or has done this before?

Thank you!