[libvirt-users] Specify hard disk type (immutable) in the domain.xml file

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Fri Oct 24 14:45:24 UTC 2014

On 10/24/2014 01:18 AM, fdytr ytruy wrote:
>  P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; }Hi!

[We prefer plain text mail on this list; but your mailer litters weird
stuff into text mail, so you may need to tweak settings on your end to
make sure you send plain text]

> I'm using libvirt withVirtual Box. I have installed libvirt 0.10.2 and Virtual Box 4.1.
> I want to use "virsh define"to define my Virtual Box virtual machine. My question is:
> In my domain.xml, how can Ispecify that my hard disk is of type immutable/ multi attach etc. Can I use som kind oftag or attribute, something like this:
> In the domain.xml is it possible to specifythe path to my folder where I have my snapshot.vdi file?

Doesn't this do it (at least, it works for qemu):

<disk ...>
  <source ...>
  <readonly/>
</disk>

since a readonly disk is immutable to the guest.