[libvirt-users] problem with libvirt and ovs bridge

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 16:46:46 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 05:32:58PM +0100, Anna Giannakou wrote:
> Hello,
> I have created an ovs bridge on which i have attached a port. I would like to connect my vm to that port,so i have created an xml defining the network.
> The xml is:
> <network>
> <name>ovs-snort</name>
> <forward mode='bridge'/>
> <bridge name='snort'/>
> <virtualport type='openvswitch'/>
> </network>
> but when i do virsh net-define /tmp/ovsnetwork.xml i get the error
> error: XML error: unexpected virtualport type -1
> My libvirt version is 1.2.9
> Can you guide me through that?

Hmm, I haven't tested this lately, but here's some old notes on Libvirt
and Open vSwitch:

    http://kashyapc.com/2013/07/13/configuring-libvirt-guests-with-an-open-vswitch-bridge/

And a related thread from libvirt users list:

    https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2013-April/msg00044.html

--
/kashyap