[libvirt-users] problem with libvirt and ovs bridge

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 17:49:31 UTC 2014

[Please keep such technical discussions on list, so others can correct
me or might have better ideas.]

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 06:08:02PM +0100, Anna Giannakou wrote:
> Thank you for the quick reply.  I tried to remove the <virtualport
> type='openvswitch'/> line from the network xml and now the network is
> created. However when i try to launch the vm with virt-install i get
> again the error Unable to add bridge snort port vnet0: Operation not
> supported which was what led me to upgrade my libvirt version
>
> Any other ideas?

Sorry, I don't have an immediate test env to try this, maybe you can
examine your debug logs to see if you find more meaningful clues

    log_level = 1
    log_outputs="1:file:/var/tmp/libvirtd.log"

in /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf

Restart libvirtd. (And, don't forget to turn it off, once you finish
your debugging - it'll fill your disk space pretty quickly, otherwise.)

--
/kashyap