[libvirt-users] libvirt with VirtualBox - possible to specify path to snapshot folder in domain.xml?

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Oct 30 14:52:31 UTC 2014

On 10/30/2014 06:48 AM, fdytr ytruy wrote:
> Hi!

[can you convince your mailer to wrap long lines?]

> I'm using libvirt withVirtual Box. I have installed libvirt 0.10.2 and Virtual Box 4.1.Is possible to spesify the pat to the folder I want my differencing image created in in my domain.xml file? When I define my vm (virsh domain.xml) with my domain.xml and use the readonly tag, Virual Box creates a differencing image (default in users Vitual Box VMs folder). I want to specify in my domain.xml file what folder this differencing image should be created in (not the default folder). Is this possible?

It is not possible at the moment, but there has been a proposal in the
past to add the notion of a per-domain storage pool to domain XML, where
any operation that needs to create (potentially large) files uses that
storage pool rather than the current defaults as the place for storing
those files.  Would you like to contribute a patch?