[libvirt-users] Does virsh actually work?

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 19:17:53 UTC 2014

On 09/03/2014 01:12 PM, Brian Rak wrote:

[please don't top-post on technical lists]

> Try creating a blank file on the target system at
> /mnt/store01/virt/e7f75b9b-9ed4-4f7e-aa86-e481ab911d6f.qcow2 on 'dewey'.

A pre-created blank file may be necessary if you are using
--copy-storage-all (I'm not sure if libvirt has been patched to create
the destination file automatically if it did not already exist), but is
NOT going to work if you don't explicitly migrate storage.  Since the
default requires shared storage, and a blank file is not the same
contents as the source, it would kill the guest.