[libvirt-users] unattended cloning

Adam King kinga at sghs.org.uk
Tue Sep 23 07:28:33 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Thanks Eric & Kashyap.
Maybe I'm missing something with snapshots, my understanding is that if I did something like this:
virsh snapshot-create-as VM snap1-vm  --diskspec vda,file=/export/vmimgs/snap1-testvm.qcow2

And then do the same to create snap2-vm, I will get 2 snapshots, where snap2 has snap1 as its backing file.
OK, so doing a virsh blockpull can pull out snap1 but it looks to me as if cleaning up old snapshots is quite tricky.

Thanks

Adam