[libvirt-users] QEMU disk migration not using entire connection throughput

Joaquim Barrera jbarrera at ac.upc.edu
Mon Sep 8 16:22:03 UTC 2014

Hello everybody,

I've been observing that, during the disk migration usign
--copy-storage-inc, the data transfer hardly ever uses the entire
available connection bandwidth (in my case 1 Gb/s), and the migration is
at a non-constant speed. On the other hand, at the memory migration
step, everything goes perfect.

I am almost sure that this is not a nard disk throughput limitation,
because a 'scp' command between the two same machines performs perfectly
right.

Is libvirt (or maybe QEMU?) doing some extra work that may cause slowlyness?

Thanks!