[libvirt-users] ntpd in VM

Adam King kinga at sghs.org.uk
Fri Sep 12 12:40:35 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

From: "Adam King" <kinga at sghs.org.uk>
To: "Gary Hook" <garyrhook at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2014 1:39:38 PM
Subject: Re: [libvirt-users] ntpd in VM

----- Original Message -----

From: "Gary Hook" <garyrhook at gmail.com>
To: libvirt-users at redhat.com
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2014 1:25:47 PM

While I agree that running a time server in a VM is, at best, problematic, most of those nay-sayers have experience with VMware, xen and the like. Those aren't the only hypervisors out there, and the decision process should depend upon the hypervisor (to a significant degree), not just the idea of "can I do this in a VM?" Not all hypervisors are created equally.