[libvirt-users] vol-info showing old disk size

Zero Uno zerozerounouno at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 08:00:27 UTC 2014

> On 09/12/2014 07:57 AM, Zero Uno wrote:

> > The enlarged disk is working fine, and the size is correctly detected
> > and used in the virtual machine.
> > But "virsh vol-info /path/to/imagefile" still shows the old size and
> > allocation. Is there a way to "fix" this, i.e. making virsh aware of the
> > new size?
>
> Type of volume/pool? Version? Platform?  Need just a few more details....

Hi, sorry for replying so late.
Michal's suggestion (virsh pool-refresh $pool) actually fixed my
problem, vol-info now shows the new capacity and allocation values.

Before trying his suggestion, I noticed that it was showing the old
capacity (10.00 GiB) but it did show the new, larger, allocation
(31,77 GiB), which doesn't make much sense. When I wrote the request
to this list it was still showing the old allocation, too.

Anyway, just for the record: the pool is of type "dir", the volume is
in qcow2 format, the platform is Fedora 19 and here is the version
output:

# virsh version
Compiled against library: libvirt 1.0.5
Using library: libvirt 1.0.5