[libvirt-users] oddity with lxc-enter-namespace

Thierry Parmentelat thierry.parmentelat at inria.fr
Thu Apr 2 08:25:23 UTC 2015

Hi folks

I have a question about lxc-enter-namespace
I am migrating lxc containers from a host running libvirt-1.2.5 on f20 to another one running libvirt-1.2.9 on f21

and now I can't seem to use lxc-enter-namespace for entering in a container any more

I would do
virsh -c lxc:/// lxc-enter-namespace --noseclabel container /bin/bash

but when I try the same now I am getting this:

#  virsh -c lxc:/// lxc-enter-namespace --noseclabel nagios /bin/bash
setlocale: No such file or directory
libvirt:  error : Expected at least one file descriptor
error: internal error: Child process (137198) unexpected exit status 125

I tried to google that but nothing too relevant showed up..

are there known regressions to lxc-enter-namespace, or what else do I seem to do wrong here?

thanks