[libvirt-users] libvirt vs PCI virtio

Pavel Fedin p.fedin at samsung.com
Tue Apr 14 08:35:39 UTC 2015

 Hello!

 I am working on vhost-net support for ARM and want to try to set up
complete configuration with irqfds. For this purpose i need to change
address type specification for this device from "virtio-mmio" to "PCI". But,
when i attempt to do so, i get error message "No PCI buses available". Can
anybody explain me what i am doing wrong ?
 The most confusing part is that i use 'virt' machine which actually has
generic PCI host, and for test purposes i even set up SATA controller for my
virtual machine which perfectly appears on the emulated bus. And
specification for SATA is simply:
<controller type='sata' index='0'/>
 without any explicit PCI location specifiers.

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia