[libvirt-users] unable to edit existing snapshot

NoxDaFox noxdafox at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 07:08:54 UTC 2015

Greetings,

due to hardware failure I had to replace my workstation which has a
different CPU. I have a VM with several snapshots and I need to revert to a
specific one.

While reverting to it, I get an error due to unsupported CPU features.
Therefore, I try to edit the snapshot XML through the command:

virsh snapshot-edit <domain_name> <snapshot_name>

When I save the changes I get the error message:
error: intermal error: unexpected domain snapshot <snapshot_name> already
exists

Tried to look  around for solution but didn't find any information related
to my problem.

Am I doing something wrong? It's quite critical for me to be able to revert
to that state of the machine. Is there any chance to do so via libvirt?

Thank you.