[libvirt-users] P2P live migration with non-shared storage: fails to connect to remote libvirt URI qemu+ssh

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Fri Apr 3 10:27:07 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 03, 2015 at 10:13:38AM +0200, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 03, 2015 at 10:08:21AM +0200, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
> > Migration without --p2p works just fine, ie. the below works:
> >

> >     $ virsh migrate --verbose --copy-storage-all \
> >         --live cvm1 qemu+ssh://kashyapc@devstack3/system
> >     Migration: [100 %]
> >

> [. . .]
>

> > (2) Perform peer to peer live migration (as root):
> >
> >     $ virsh migrate --verbose --p2p --copy-storage-all \
> >         --live cvm1 qemu+ssh://kashyapc@devstack3/system

Hmm, reading the flow for peer2peer here:

    https://libvirt.org/migration.html#flowpeer2peer

which says:

    "Note that the source libvirtd uses its own credentials (typically root)
    to connect to the destination, rather than the credentials used by the
    client to connect to the source; if these differ, it is common to run
    into a situation where a client can connect to the destination directly
    but the source cannot make the connection to set up the peer-to-peer
    migration."

So, somehow libvirtd daemon on source is not able to pick the
credentials. I'll try qemu+tcp with the below configs in libvirtd.conf
(note: the auth_tcp = "none" because, I'm doing the test in a trusted
network).

    listen_tls = 0
    listen_tcp = 1
    auth_tcp = "none"