[libvirt-users] [Libvirt] [virsh] Transport Error during enumeration while connecting libvirt to Hyper-V Server

Dhaval_Shah1 at dell.com Dhaval_Shah1 at dell.com
Tue Apr 7 07:00:40 UTC 2015

Dell Customer Communication
Hi All,

Any update or any input on this?

Thanks & Regards,
Dhaval Shah

From: libvirt-users-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:libvirt-users-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Shah1, Dhaval
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2015 3:35 PM
To: libvirt-users at redhat.com
Subject: [libvirt-users] [Libvirt] [virsh] Transport Error during enumeration while connecting libvirt to Hyper-V Server

Hi all,

I am using libvirt 1.1.1. I can successfully able to connect with Qemu driver but when I am trying to connect to the windows Hyper-V using virsh, I am getting failure.

[root at localhost hyperv]# virsh version
Compiled against library: libvirt 1.1.1
Using library: libvirt 1.1.1
Using API: QEMU 1.1.1
Running hypervisor: QEMU 1.5.3

When I am doing virsh to connect to hype-V  I am getting failure that

[root at localhost hyperv]# virsh -c hyperv://172.16.67.192
Enter username for 11.16.67.92 [administrator]: administrator
Enter administrator's password for 11.16.67.92:
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
error: internal error: Transport error during enumeration: Transport initialization failed (2)

using gdb I came to know that from the function "hypervEnumAndPull()" it is calling "wsmc_action_enumerate()"
and we are verifying the response using "hyperyVerifyResponse" and from there it fails and cleanup is being called.

Code :

response = wsmc_action_enumerate(priv->client, root, options, filter);

    if (hyperyVerifyResponse(priv->client, response, "enumeration") < 0) {
        goto cleanup;
    }

I have correctly done the settings on my hyper-v Server using below commands:
winrm set winrm/config/service/auth @{Basic="true"}

winrm set winrm/config/service @{AllowUnencrypted="true"}

Does anyone knows what could be wrong or  I am missing something or can anyone help to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Dhaval Shah