[libvirt-users] Centos 7.1.1503 + libvirt 1.2.14 = broken direct network mode

mxs kolo kolomaxes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 17:27:19 UTC 2015

Hi all
> Why are you using macvtap ("type='direct') to connect to a bridge
> device? You should either use macvtap to connect directly to a physical
> ethernet (e.g. eth0) *or* you should use a standard tap device
> ("type='bridge'") to connect to the bridge. Although it might work to
> connect to a bridge using macvtap, I can't think of any reason you would
> want to do it that way (and that may be the source of the error you're
> seeing - since macvtap isn't intended to be used that way, that scenario
> probably doesn't get much, if any, testing).
Yes, You are right.
I already think about it and can't remember why started using bridge
over iface and macvlan over bridge, may be because used common vlan:
enp2s0->enp2s0.2->br2->lxc
enp2s0->enp2s0.502->br502->lxc

Probably I need test new schema  - it's would be fatser and  work with
new kernel:
enp2s0->enp2s0.502->lxc:
<interface type='direct'>
      <mac address='02:00:00:25:a7:56'/>