[libvirt-users] CPU Resource Reservation using KVM

Jatin Davey jashokda at cisco.com
Mon Apr 13 06:44:12 UTC 2015

Hi All

I am new to KVM world. I have been using VMware for about a year.

In VMware world we can reserve cpu resources for a VM. Say for instance
if we need 4 vCPUs with a total of 8000 GHz then we can mention this
configuration in vCenter while creating a VM. This guarantees 8000 GHz
of cpu resources for the deployed VM.

How can i achieve the same thing using KVM ?

Please provide as much details as possible. Any pointers for reading
this would also be helpful.

Appreciate your responses in this regard.

Thanks
Jatin