[libvirt-users] (no subject)

Daniel Sanabria sanabria.d at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 09:46:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

After upgrading my systems to Fedora 21 I decided to give Firewalld and
NetworkManager technologies a try instead of keep relying on iptables and
network.service but I now have my doubts.

I have a F21 host with br0 configured with a network-script file to obtain
its IP via dhcp (no problems with this), firewalld is running on the host
and the guests are using  br0 and dhcp to obtain the IPs from the same
source the host/br0 is getting its own IP.

The problem I'm having is that, after some time, packets from the guests
are not being forwarded by br0 but I can't quite locate the reason for
this. It is not until I restart the guest that everything starts working
again (restarting NetworkManager in the guest does not work).

Why br0 stops forwarding packets? What would be the right approach to get
this setup working? Should I just forget about Firewalld and NetworkManager
by disable them and instead keep using iptables and network.service?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel