[libvirt-users] <qemu:commandline> domain XML tag is not working?

Chengyuan Li chengyuanli at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 14:37:13 UTC 2015

Hi,

I tried to enable virtio-blk data plane feature for VMs in my openstack
environment,  the hypervisor is ubuntu 14.04, libvirt 1.2.2 and QEMU 2.0.
As nova doesn't support that parameter yet, I did belows

1. nova boot a VM with raw disk image.
2. nova stop the VM.
3. run "virsh edit <instance-id>" on the hyprvisor node, and adding below
into instance xml just before </domain>.

However, the <qemu:commandline> part is ignored and not saved after closing
virsh edit, seems that libvirt rejected these changes. Is there any XML
syntax error here? Or libvirt doesn't support <qemu:commandline> tag?

<qemu:commandline>
    <qemu:arg value='-set'/>
    <qemu:arg value='device.drive-virtio-disk0.x-data-plane=on'/>
</qemu:commandline>

Regards,
Chengyuan.