[libvirt-users] QemuDomainObjEndJob called when libvirtd is started and libvirt insists qemu is using the wrong disk source.

Matthew Schumacher matt.s at aptalaska.com
Tue Apr 21 00:45:22 UTC 2015

List,

I was under the impression that I could restart libvirtd without it
destroying my VMs, but am not finding that to be true.  When I killall
libvirtd then my VM's keep running, but then when I start libvirtd it
calls qemuDomainObjEndJob:1542 : Stopping job: modify (async=none
vm=0x7fb8cc0d8510 name=test) and my domain gets whacked.

Any way to disable this behavior?

Also, while I'm at it, due to issues with snapshotting, I ended up with
two domains where libvirt insists the disk source is incorrect which
causes many things to break like this:

root at wasvirt1:/etc/libvirt# virsh domblklist wasdev
Target     Source
vda        /glustervol1/vm/wasdev/wasdev.reboot
hdc        /dev/sr0

Yet:

root at wasvirt1:/etc/libvirt# lsof | grep wasdev
2235    /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64     /var/log/libvirt/qemu/wasdev.log
2235    /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64     /var/log/libvirt/qemu/wasdev.log
2235    /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64     /glustervol1/vm/wasdev/wasdev.qcow2

The reason is because a blockcommit --active --pivot doesn't work, I
blockjob --abort, then try again, it works the second time, but then the
disk is wrong.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
schu