[libvirt-users] QemuDomainObjEndJob called when libvirtd is started and libvirt insists qemu is using the wrong disk source.

Matthew Schumacher matt.s at aptalaska.com
Tue Apr 28 22:03:23 UTC 2015

On 04/22/2015 08:19 AM, Laine Stump wrote:
> If you're compiling yourself, then you should be all set to run under
> gdb. libvirt-debuginfo is just a separate subpackage that contains all
> the symbol and line number info from the build so that backtraces in
> gdb make sense. Try attaching gdb to the libvirtd process and do
> something like "thread apply all bt" - if you see
> function/argument/file names and line numbers, then you already have
> the symbols available.
>> So this is compiled on Slackware64-14.1 as I prefer a more bsd linux and
>> like the simplicity of a traditional init, as well as the ability to
>> cook this down into a very simple usb based distro not unlike slax.
> Occasionally there are cases where libvirtd terminates guests on restart
> due to some failure to parse the guest's status XML, inability to
> connect to the guest's qemu monitor, or some other thing that would
> render the guest inaccessible. We of course want to eliminate as many of
> those situations as possible, so we would love to see the backtrace you
> can get from gdb.

Laine,

My apologies on the delay getting back to you, I've been pretty slammed
lately.  Anyway I have the bracktrace you requested.

I simply started libvirtd, started my vm, killed libvirtd, then started
it again with gdb in foreground mode with the breakpoint set.

I got a ton of debug info that I posted here:

http://www.aptalaska.net/~matt.s/libvirt.txt

but the backtrace is simply:

Breakpoint 1, 0x00007fffc72a0240 in qemuProcessKill () from
/usr/lib64/libvirt/connection-driver/libvirt_driver_qemu.so
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007fffc72a0240 in qemuProcessKill () from
/usr/lib64/libvirt/connection-driver/libvirt_driver_qemu.so
#1  0x00007fffc72a19cd in qemuProcessStop () from
/usr/lib64/libvirt/connection-driver/libvirt_driver_qemu.so
#2  0x00007fffc72a27d6 in ?? () from
/usr/lib64/libvirt/connection-driver/libvirt_driver_qemu.so
#3  0x00007ffff74b6882 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libvirt.so.0
#4  0x00007ffff5722ce2 in start_thread () from /lib64/libpthread.so.0
#5  0x00007ffff31d38cd in clone () from /lib64/libc.so.6
(gdb)

Thanks!
schu