[libvirt-users] non failover equivalent to "virsh migrate --copy-storage-all"

Andreas Buschmann buschman at tech.net.de
Wed Apr 29 15:47:15 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have two servers where I can push VMs from one to the other by issuing
the command

 virsh migrate --live --persistent --copy-storage-all --verbose \
        test6 qemu+ssh://kvmhost2/system

on kvmhost1. I can get the VM back by issuing the equivalent command on
kvmhost2:

 virsh migrate --live --persistent --copy-storage-all --verbose \
        test6 qemu+ssh://kvmhost1/system

virsh copies the local data file /data/vm/test6.qcow2 with the
filesystem over to the other server.

Is there a way to just copy the data file over to the second server,
without moving the VM?
I want the equivalent of doing these two migrations is sequence, but
without moving the VM.

The goal is to get a backup copy of a running system onto a second
system (kvmhost2).
The copy (snapshot) from kvmhost2 can then be copied to a backup server,
and can be used for a fast recovery point if kvmhost1 dies.

					Mit freundlichen Gruessen
						Andreas Buschmann
--

Andreas Buschmann