[libvirt-users] Static USB port passthrough is not possible

Alexander betaev at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 08:31:35 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am currently trying to configure of forwarding devices from specific USB
ports which is supported by QEMU. But I don't see any support from libvirt
side. Due to libvirt security it occurs to be impossible to passthrough
devices from specific bus+port combination.

As workaround I may suggest only writing udev rules which use specific
script which adds devices to running domains. Unfortunately situation
becomes more complicated when I do need to passthrough these devices during
system boot -- the special service is required which will handle all these
devices after libvirt-guests are up.

Does anybody knows how I can do this passthrough without udev workarounds?

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Betaev