[libvirt-users] On which /dev/pts/x is channel source mapped ?

Pierre Schweitzer pierre at reactos.org
Wed Aug 26 11:58:10 UTC 2015

Dear Jean-Pierre,

Here, at the ReactOS Foundation, we've hit the same issue with our
automated regression testing using KVM (and thus, libvirt).

The solution we use is that we first start the VM and then, we ask
libvirt to dump the VM XML and we parse it to get the pts.

I'm not sure whether that's the most efficient method, but at least,
that's a method that works.

You can have a look at our code which is GPLv2. It is available here:
https://svn.reactos.org/svn/project-tools/trunk/sysreg2/
More specifically, the part where we ask again for the config happens
in kvm.cpp, KVM class, in KVM::GetConsole() function.

I hope it helps. If you need more information, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,