[libvirt-users] creating a network on existing bridge

Fırat KÜÇÜK firat at codv.io
Wed Aug 12 22:31:58 UTC 2015

Yes it works.

Thanks. You saved my life.

Let me ask something I can't see it in the code:

This is the code that i found:

static int
networkStartNetworkVirtual(virNetworkObjPtr network)
{
     size_t i;
     bool v4present = false, v6present = false;
     virErrorPtr save_err = NULL;
     virNetworkIpDefPtr ipdef;
     virNetworkRouteDefPtr routedef;
     char *macTapIfName = NULL;
     int tapfd = -1;

     /* Check to see if any network IP collides with an existing route */
     if (networkCheckRouteCollision(network->def) < 0)
         return -1;

     /* Create and configure the bridge device */
     if (virNetDevBridgeCreate(network->def->bridge) < 0)
         return -1;

It either create device or return -1. So I was hopeless about a solution :)
But your method saved me.