[libvirt-users] Efficient live disk backup with active blockcommit : Failed 'block-commit': Could not reopen file: Permission denied

Keyur Bhalerao keyurbhalerao at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 19:21:27 UTC 2015

Thanks Kashyap for replying.

QEMU has permissions to the directory which is having images. I will look
into the AppArmor issue and find out more about this.
Also as per suggestion from the link i have uncommented the user and group
from the qemu.conf file - https://github.com/jedi4ever/veewee/issues/996

By checking more on the AppArmor and sVirt issue  , i have modified the
qemu.conf for security_driver="none". The result for this is no permission
error but another error which can be related to QEMU 2.3.0

virsh # blockcommit vm-01 vda --verbose --pivot --active
Block Commit: [100 %]error: failed to pivot job for disk vda
error: internal error: unable to execute QEMU command 'block-job-complete':
The active block job for device 'drive-virtio-disk0' cannot be completed

Searched more for this type of error and found -

https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1455475

Looks like bug in QEMU 2.3.0 . Checking now with QEMU 2.1 for the same.

Let me know if anything to more look for.

Thanks,
Keyur Bhalerao