[libvirt-users] double nat - common setup

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 22 14:26:59 UTC 2015

On 21/12/15 18:20, Laine Stump wrote:
> On 12/21/2015 10:46 AM, lejeczek wrote:
>> hi everybody
>>
>> my mind must have gone blank & eyes blind, I'm hoping
>> it's simple and somebody can shed the light on bit I
>> cannot see.
>>
>> a regular default net:
>> <network>
>>   <name>default</name>
>>   <uuid>4c0a0c44-7e8a-493b-a57c-87cd38eaa0f7</uuid>
>>   <forward mode='nat'/>
>>   <bridge name='virbr0' stp='on' delay='0'/>
>>
>> a winbox on that net and I cannot access it from/via
>> Internet,
>> port forwarding fixed on the default gw/internet
>> interface (or rather firewalld's zone), it forwards to
>> winbox.
>>
>> what is it?
>
> Are you asking how to do the port forwarding from within
> libvirt's network configuration? If so, the answer is "you
> can't". There is some advice here on how to accomplish it,
> though:
>
> http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking#Forwarding_Incoming_Connections

that is pretty much it - trying to forward
incoming(internet) connection to a guest behind/on libvirt
nated network.
Only difference from the examples in the page is to do it
with firewalld(and it's rules/chains).
I'm trying --add-forward-port but it does not work. I wonder
if it can only be done through its direct/rich rules?