[libvirt-users] snapshot of running vm's

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Thu Dec 3 19:18:16 UTC 2015

Dominique wrote:

> As stated in http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Live-disk-backup-with-active-
> blockcommit
> You'll need libvirt 1.2.9 ...
>
> It seems even Suse enterprise 12 is still using libivrt 1.2.5...
>
> Bad luck.
>
> Before 1.2.9 I made my backups with a "virsh save $VM" but it cost a lot
> of time to save a VM...

I managed to update to libvirt 1.2.11. Guest Agent is running in the vm.
I'm trying to snapshot:

virsh # snapshot-create-as --domain sles11 --name sn_sles11 --atomic
--disk-only --quiesce
error: internal error: unable to execute QEMU agent command
'guest-fsfreeze-freeze': The command guest-fsfreeze-freeze has been
disabled for this instance

What is now going on ?
Guest Agent in VM is qemu-guest-agent-2.0.2-1.35.

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Dr. Nikolaus Blum, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671