[libvirt-users] virsh athentification failure

Jean-Pierre Ribeauville jpribeauville at axway.com
Fri Dec 4 15:18:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

I wrote a C program running in a KVM host.
Part of it adds a Unix Channel device in all Guests in order to  have a dialog from Host to Guest.
As long as my host wasn't part of an Ovirt cluster , all was running fine.

I added my host in a ovirt cluster , and then , when running the script creating the channel device  ( by  using  "virsh attach-device  --persistent -live ....." ) , I got following error :

Please enter your authentication name:
Please enter your password:
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
error: no valid connection
error: authentication failed: Failed to step SASL negotiation: -1 (SASL(-1): generic failure: All-whitespace username.)

What's the user/password I've to use then ?

BTW , I've seen that following channel device was  added to the Guest at its creation :

/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channels/ad1a8b0e-f8b6-4038-be3d-275f38e66eb3.org.qemu.guest_agent.0

What's used for ?
I presume I cannot use for my private purpose ?

I sent this topic to ovirt  and libvirt mailing lists , cos I don't know which forum is the right one for this kind of subject.

Thanks for help.

Regards,

J.P. Ribeauville

P: +33.(0).1.47.17.20.49
.
Puteaux 3 Etage 5  Bureau 4

jpribeauville at axway.com<mailto:jpribeauville at axway.com>
http://www.axway.com<http://www.axway.com/>

P Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer.