[libvirt-users] [ovirt-users] virsh athentification failure

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Fri Dec 4 16:09:25 UTC 2015

> On 04 Dec 2015, at 16:26, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Dec 04, 2015 at 03:18:19PM +0000, Jean-Pierre Ribeauville wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wrote a C program running in a KVM host.
>> Part of it adds a Unix Channel device in all Guests in order to  have a dialog from Host to Guest.

are you adding it later, when the VM is running? Is it a requirement to do it this way?
You can use oVirt vdsm hook[1] to inject custom snippet to libvirt’s xml on VM startup and add any channel you want.
It would also allow you to pass arbitrary parameters from oVirt UI, should you ever need them.

Thanks,
michal

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/VDSM-Hooks