[libvirt-users] Destroy autostarted network on shutdown

Jan Grashöfer jan.grashoefer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 17:19:46 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I just ran into problem properly stopping a network. I have defined a
network and network hook script to accomplish some preparations and
cleanup. Testing my configuration (virsh net-start and virsh
net-destroy) was successfully.

Now I wanted to automate the lifecycle. Unfortunately I realized that an
autostarted network has to be persistent and thus will not be destroyed
(even if the host gets shutdown). As it won't be destroyed, my cleanup
doesn't get executed and I run into trouble.

What would be the preferred way to implement an autostarting and
autostopping network?

Thanks,
Jan