[libvirt-users] DriveReady error after live migration

Steve Gaarder gaarder1 at math.cornell.edu
Fri Feb 27 15:00:00 UTC 2015

I have three machines running libvirt under Scientific Linux (RHEL
derivative) version 6.  The virtual machine disk images are running SL 5
and 6, are all stored on NFS, and I can do live migrations with

virsh migrate --live guestname qemu+ssh://vmhostname.math.cornell.edu/system

Trouble is, within a day or two after the migration, the guest hangs up
with repeated DriveReady errors and has to be shut down forcibly and
rebooted.

I am using Sanlock, with the lock files also stored on NFS.

Any ideas?

Steve Gaarder
System Administrator, Dept of Mathematics
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
gaarder at math.cornell.edu