[libvirt-users] Hyper-V 2008 R2 support ?

Jean-François FILIPPI jeff at secludit.com
Wed Feb 11 08:33:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm trying libvirt to connect to Hyper-V servers. It works fine for
Hyper-V 2012 servers, however it doesn't work for Hyper-V 2008 R2 (the
exact error is |
Call to virConnectOpenAuth failed: internal error: Transport error
during enumeration: Could not connect (7) (Libvirt::ConnectionError)|.).

I'm using the code provided by libvirt documentation
(http://libvirt.org/ruby/examples/open_auth.rb) and have authorized
basic auth plus unencrypted connection on both 2008 R2 & 2012 servers
(http://libvirt.org/drvhyperv.html#auth).

Surfing the Internet to find some solutions, I found this
(https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2014-April/msg00802.html)
where a developer talks about stopping 2008 R2 support (because of some
technical stuff), while in the documentation
(http://libvirt.org/drvhyperv.html) it is explicitely said to be
supporting 2008 R2.

My question is : does the support has been stopped or does the code to
connect to a 2008 R2 server is different from the 2012 server ?

I'm using libvirt 1.2.2 and ruby-libvirt 1.2.2.

Thanks for your help,

Jean-François FILPPI