[libvirt-users] A problem with converting an OVA appliance

Marko Dimjašević marko at cs.utah.edu
Wed Feb 25 04:57:23 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-02-22 at 10:33 -0500, Cole Robinson wrote:

> 0.600.1 is very old, and virt-convert has changed a lot since then. I'd
> recommend trying the latest version from virt-manager-1.1.0, and if you still
> hit issues, file an upstream bug:

I did just that, i.e. I used virt-convert 0.600.4 from
virt-manager-1.1.0 (while I left the installed libvirt packages at
1.2.9) and the same issue happens again.

I'm puzzled. Does this mean no one uses virt-convert to convert from OVA
to virt-image?

I know it's not the problem in the virtual appliance because I can
extract its disk image and convert it to qcow2 with:

qemu-img convert -f vmdk -O qcow2 appliance.vmdk appliance.qcow2

and then create a virtual machine by providing the converted disk and
things work normally. But I'd like to avoid this workaround if possible.

--
Regards,
Marko