[libvirt-users] KVM management through the web with libvirt and mist.io

Markos Gogoulos mgogoulos at mist.io
Thu Feb 26 16:21:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

I would like to announce that we have integrated libvirt for managing KVM
vms on mist.io. Mist.io is an open source project and a service that can
assist you in managing your vms on a unified way, providing a simple
interface for all of your infrastructure (multiple public cloud providers,
OpenStack based public/private clouds, Docker servers, bare metal servers
and now KVM hypervisors).

Adding a KVM backend via libvirt will show a list of all of the virtual
machines (running and terminated), along with the hypervisor itself. You
can execute actions such as reboot, shutdown and start. Instead of having
to log in to the hypervisor to reboot a VM that has hanged, you can do it
with a few taps on your smartphone, laptop or tablet, along with the rest
of your infrastructure. You can also have a web ssh shell if you add an ssh
key. Creation of new VMs is not supported yet but is on our plans.

You can have a look on a blog post we've written recently at
http://blog.mist.io/post/110890044256/announcing-kvm-and-vcloud-support,
use the open source tool (http://github.com/mistio/mist.io) or try out the
service (https://mist.io) offering more features such as monitoring, adding
custom metrics, scripts and logs.