[libvirt-users] Block Commit: [100 %]error: failed to pivot job for disk vda

Thomas Stein himbeere at meine-oma.de
Fri Jan 9 14:38:33 UTC 2015

Am 07.01.15 um 18:26 schrieb Thomas Stein:

>> Based on this message, it is qemu that is refusing to do the pivot, but
>> I don't know if that is because of permissions on the destination file,
>> or something else (that is, it may still be a libvirt bug for not
>> putting things in the right state for the qemu command to have a chance
>> of succeeding).  What distro are you using?  Is AppArmor or SELinux at
>> play, where temporarily getting that out of the way might change things?
>
> I'm using Gentoo. There is no selinux or apparmor enabled on this machine.
> Should i file a bug report?

I colleague of mine pointed me in the right direction. There was a cdrom
defined in the virtual machine. After removing it the process runs as
expected:

+ virsh blockcommit kaltura vda --active --verbose --pivot
Block Commit: [100 %]
Successfully pivoted

This leads to the question how would i use blockcommit under those
circumstances? Should i detach the cdrom prior blockcommit run? Should i
file a bug report? Are you already taking care of this problem Eric?

thanks and best regards
t.