[libvirt-users] missing backend for pool type 5 (iscsi)

Mathieu Bouillaguet mathieu.bouillaguet at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 10:42:25 UTC 2015

Hi,

I try to define an iscsi pool with virsh but I always get the following
error :

error :internal error: missing backend for pool type 5 (iscsi)

And yet libvirt was compiled with iscsi support :
configure: Storage Drivers
configure:
configure:      Dir: yes
configure:       FS: yes
configure:    NetFS: yes
configure:      LVM: yes
configure:    iSCSI: yes
configure:     SCSI: yes
configure:    mpath: yes
configure:     Disk: yes
configure:      RBD: no
configure: Sheepdog: no
configure:  Gluster: no
configure:      ZFS: no

And virsh report that iscsi is supported :

virsh -V
Virsh command line tool of libvirt 1.2.11
See web site at http://libvirt.org/

Compiled with support for:
Hyperviseurs : QEMU/KVM LXC UML OpenVZ VMWare VirtualBox ESX Test
Réseau : Remote Network Bridging Interface udev Nwfilter VirtualPort
Stockage : Dir Disk Filesystem SCSI Multipath iSCSI LVM
Divers : Daemon Nodedev Secrets Debug Readline Modular

Any idea what's going on ?

thanks for your help