[libvirt-users] questions around using numatune/numa/schedinfo

Chris Friesen cbf123 at mail.usask.ca
Fri Jan 23 18:46:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm running into some problems with libvirt and hoping someone can point me at
some instructions or maybe even help me out.

First, are there any requirements on qemu version in order to use the "numatune"
and/or "cpu/numa/cell" elements?  Or do they use cgroups and not the native qemu
numa support?

Second, are there any instructions on how to set up cgroups?  I initially hadn't
had cgroups mounted and running "virsh schedinfo <domain>" gave an error.  So I
mounted "/sys/fs/cgroup/memory" and "/sys/fs/cgroup/cpu" and restarted libvirtd
but running "virsh schedinfo <domain>" still gives an error:

root at compute-1:~# virsh schedinfo 8
Scheduler      : Unknown
error: Requested operation is not valid: cgroup CPU controller is not mounted

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Chris