Re: [libvirt-users] cpuacct and emulator/cpuacct

On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 09:11:11AM +0000, Jean-Pierre Ribeauville wrote:
Hello,

Does it exist some documentation concerning following topic ?

What's difference between following perf counters :

/cgroup/cpuacct/libvirt/qemu/test/cpuacct.usage
and
/cgroup/cpuacct/libvirt/qemu/test/emulator/cpuacct.usage

I don't know from the top of my head whether the accounting is
effective for all tasks in the current group (i.e. /test/cpuacct.usage
only accounts for /test/tasks) or also subgroups.  Anyway, if the
second is true (which I think it is), then /test/emulator is only
accounting for the emulator thread and the upper one is for emulator,
all vCPU threads and I/O threads.

Martin