De : Martin Kletzander [mailto:mkletzan redhat com]
Envoyé : jeudi 9 juillet 2015 14:46
À : Jean-Pierre Ribeauville
Cc : libvirt-users redhat com
Objet : Re: [libvirt-users] cpuacct and emulator/cpuacct

On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 09:11:11AM +0000, Jean-Pierre Ribeauville wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Does it exist some documentation concerning following topic ?
>
>What's difference between following perf counters :
>
>/cgroup/cpuacct/libvirt/qemu/test/cpuacct.usage
>and
>/cgroup/cpuacct/libvirt/qemu/test/emulator/cpuacct.usage

I don't know from the top of my head whether the accounting is effective for all tasks in the current group (i.e. /test/cpuacct.usage only accounts for /test/tasks) or also subgroups.  Anyway, if the second is true (which I think it is), then /test/emulator is only accounting for the emulator thread and the upper one is for emulator, all vCPU threads and I/O threads.

Martin