[libvirt-users] Cannot migrate vm between servers

Chris Lewis clewis at inview.co.uk
Tue Jul 14 14:05:37 UTC 2015

Hello,

I issue the command below to migrate virtual machine "jabber" from host
vmserver5 to vmserver3

I see the machine is created at the destination, paused on both sides,
but the process fails with the error below (and the destination VM is
removed)

root at vmserver5:~/# virsh migrate --p2p --unsafe jabber
qemu+ssh://vmserver3/system
error: internal error: migration was active, but no RAM info was set

Relevant Software versions:

vmserver5:
||/ Name Version                      Architecture Description
+++-==============================================-============================-============================-=

vmserver3:
||/ Name                               Version Architecture Description
+++-==================================-=============================-============-============================
ii  kvm                                1:1.1.2+dfsg-6+deb7u8
amd64        dummy transitional package from kvm to qemu-kvm
ii  libvirt-bin                        1.2.9-9~bpo70+1 amd64
programs for the libvirt library
ii  qemu-kvm                           1.1.2+dfsg-6+deb7u8 amd64
Full virtualization on x86 hardware

Both machines have shared storage mounted in same place. Very little
info on web regarding this error.

Can anyone suggest what is going on?

Thanks in advance

Chris Lewis